Uganda Cranes head coach Sebastien Desabre affirms there were key important lessons learnt from the recently concluded 2018 Championship of African Nations (CHAN) tournament in Morocco.
Addressing the media during a press conference on Wednesday at FUFA House in Mengo, the Desabre who was flanked by the FUFA President, Eng. Moses Magogo and the CEO, Edgar Watson hinted on the aspect of improving physical aspect of players.
There is need to improve on the physical aspect of the players as observed from the 2018 CHAN tournament in Morocco. I am also qualified in physical training and i will offer a hand in assisting local clubs.
The other aspects Desabre talked about:
- Improve the relationship and interaction with the clubs towards the development of local football
- Regularity of friendlies and regroupings in order to create a real synergy between the players and to set up prinicples of the games.
- Strengthening the National Team A (Locally based players, Players abroad, Binational players, Statistics software, March Friendly match, May training camp, AFCON 2019 qualifiers)
- Developing a strong U-23 Team (Establish list of 40 local players, find new players, regular camps for U-23, Specific training sessions, friendly games, Olympic Tokyo 2020 qualifiers)
- Establishing a strong U-20 (Setting up a list of 40 local players, find new players, regular camps, Specific sessions, Friendly games, World Cup U-20 2019 qualifiers)
- Affluent Organization (Tools & Equipment, clothing, Medical Organization, Staff Animation, Administration management with players and good working environment)
- Development of Club Football (Uniform physical, Specific training for attackers, create diploma of physical preparation in football, coaching support at clubs, debate dinner, statistic meeting
- Improved relationship with the media (Good media plan, better relationship with the federation’s executive as well as press and TV relationship)