UPL 2017/18 Season Kick off – Tuesday, 12th September 2017
Apppointments-Match officials-AUPL MATCHES REFEREES 2017
Match Day one fixtures:
Tuesday, 12th September 2017 – Also follow live updates of all the matches live on 102.1 FUFA f.m and all official FUFA social media plat forms
- Sports Club Villa Jogoo Vs Soana – Masaka Recreational Stadium (Live on Azam TV) – 4 p.m
- Onduparaka Vs Proline – Betway Green Light Stadium (4:30 p.m)
- Bright Stars Vs Vipers – Champions Stadium, Mwererwe (4:30 p.m)
- Masavu Vs Police – Fisheries Training Institute, Bugonga – Entebbe (4:30 p.m)
- BUL Vs Mbarara City – Kakindu Stadium, Jinja (4:30 p.m)
- KCCA Vs Maroons – Star Times Stadium, Lugogo – Kampala (4:30 p.m)
Wednesday, 13th September 2017
- Express Vs Kirinya-Jinja S.S – Mutesa II Wankulukuku Stadium (4:30 p.m)
- URA Vs UPDF – Mandela National Stadium, Namboole (4:30 p.m)
FUFA President Eng. Moses Magogo’s message prior to the 2017/18 AUPL kick off
I wake up a very excited man today.
Club football is eventually picking the gospel we started in 2006 to professionalise which will now trigger commercialization so that Ugandan football takes its deserved front seat as an advertising vehicle.
This will eventually tap into the over 700billion ugx advertising basket through big volume club football sponsorships.
FUFA will continue with its Human Resource Development strategy, the Club Licensing tool and the FUFA Club’s Pro Agenda to help clubs improve
Whereas we are now getting to talk, let us actually walk the talk through the season. Pressers, Pictures and Graphics are one thing but running a pro club is another.
Pro clubs are only successful with numbers of fans to balance the finance equation. Money must be coming from numbers of fans as gate collections (season tickets), buying genuine club merchandise and corporate sponsors targeting fans not money from individuals or organisations.
We need to see deliberate efforts to recruit fans in numbers
May the best team win the 2017/8 Azam Uganda Premier League