FUFA Vice President Mr. Justus Mugisha has been appointed as President of the Technical Commission in charge of football in the International School Sport Federation (ISF) for the period running from 2018 – 2022. The appointment was confirmed by the ISF President Laurent Petrynka.
Part of the confirmation letter for Mugisha’s appointment reads;
‘The last Executive Committee that took place on 17th – 18th November 2018 in Sochi, Russian Federation decided to cast the positions of Presidents of the Technical Commissions. On behalf of the Management Committee, I have the pleasure to inform you, that given your expertise, you have been appointed as the TC President – Football for a period of four years.
We thank you for having committed yourself in endorsing more duties with ISF. We are convinced that the work you will develop within your committee will highly contribute in growing the goals, values and traditions of the international school sport movement’
FUFA President Eng. Moses Magogo couldn’t hide his joy about the news.
‘We know his values and support to football in Uganda. I am convinced that his hard work has taken him this far. We are confident that he will deliver on all fronts as he continues to take his expertise in football to another level at the global scene’ said FUFA President Magogo
Mugisha was elated man as well.
‘I am excited and humbled by appointment. I am short of words to express my happiness for the confidence the Executive has in me and the appointment to the committee to serve the world’s most popular sport. Count on me to make a contribution to the growth of the game and visibility of school sports in general, East Africa, Africa and the world over’
Who is Justus Mugisha?
- Born on 27th April 1965
- He is the FUFA 1st Vice President
- President of Federation of East Africa Secondary Schools sports Association (FEASSSA)
- Executive Member of Federation of Africa School Sports
- Owns Standard High School Zana that has produced players who graduated to play for the various National teams including the Uganda Cranes
- FIFA Instructor for Football Administration and Management
About: International School Sport Federation (ISF)
- The International School Sport Federation(ISF) is an international sport governing body for school sport.
- Founded in 1972 with 21 signatory nations (all European), the federation has been organising international competitions to encourage education through sport and student athletes.
- It has 113 members including Uganda from five continents
- ISF is recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) since 1995 and is a member of SportAccord.
- Its headquarters are based in Brussels, Belgium.
- ISF limits itself to activities with school children between the ages of 13 to 18 (roughly contiguous with High School age. This distinguishes its role from the longer-established International University Sports Federation, which governs student sport from the ages of 17 to 25.
- Currently 45 sports disciplines are organized by ISF.
MAIN PHOTO: Justus Mugisha