The Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) wishes to extend our most sincere appreciations to:
- His Excellency the President of Uganda Gen. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni for facilitating the fans’ trip to Marrakech City in Morocco to cheer up the Uganda Cranes. We pray that this gesture continues.
- The Government of Uganda through the ministry of education and sports for the funds provided to prepare the team a head of the Senegal game.
- The ministry of Education and sports for all the guidance to FUFA and for proper representation of the Federation requests to the Government and the President in particular.
- The State minister for sports Hon. Charles Bakabulindi and for travelling with team and for all the diplomatic connections accorded to both the players and fans as a result of his efforts.
- Hon. Minister of State for Primary Education Hon. Batalingaya for leading the fans’ delegation into Morocco.
- The Members of Parliament from the Education and sports committee who travelled with us to Marrakech City in North Africa.
- The players for exhibiting a good game against Senegal despite a slim 1-0 loss.
- The technical bench headed by Coach Micho for a mature tactical approach to the game that gives us a big hope in the near future.
- The gallant football fans who endured the eight hour long flight to Marrakech and supported the Cranes team throughout the 90 minutes.
- The Members of the press for the coverage of all our build-up matches and the Senegal match in particular.
- All the sponsors (MTN, Nile Breweries, NIC) and more so Mr. Aggrey Kagonyera of MTN for being with us in Morocco.
Our appreciation is further extended to any other individuals who have contributed towards our entire World Cup qualification campaign.
The Saturday result does not mark the end of the game in Uganda. We are out of the 2014 World Cup qualification campaign but still in the race for making our game better. FUFA will remain committed for the right cause.
Our focus is now on the forth coming CECAFA Senior challenge Cup tournament scheduled for late November in Nairobi and the CHAN competitions due in South Africa early next year.