The Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA)is in receipt of communication from Uganda Sports Press Association(USPA) regarding the visit of AIPS President Gianni Merlo.
The notification for the visit of Merlo to the headquarters of FUFA in Mengo was received last week.
‘We are looking forward to receiving a powerful figure in the global sports media. FUFA will use this opportunity to share ideas with the AIPS President on pertinent issues in regard to sports media reporting on football activities’ said FUFA Spokesperson Ahmed Hussein.
FUFA has already held talks with the top officials of USPA-President Sabiiti Muwanga and Vice President Aliguma Ritah and agreed on the programme.
The visit is slated for Thursday 30th April,2015 at 3pm at FUFA House where the AIPS boss will hold talks with FUFA President Eng.Moses Magogo and FUFA CEO Edgar Watson.
About the AIPS President Gianni Merlo
- Has been AIPS President since 2005 when he was elected to the post.
- He is also a renowned Sports journalist who still corresponds for Italy’s leading sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport
- Has covered 20 Summer and Winter Olympic Games and over 30 European and World Championships in Athletics in his illustrious journalism career which stretches back to 1967.
- Prior to ascending to the Association’s Presidency Gianni served as the president of the AIPS European section,UEPS, from 1984 to 1988.
- He also served as Chairman of the Athletics commission since 1986 and also led the IAAF press commission since 2004.
- Gianni is also a member of the IOC press commission.
Photo credit: www.africatopsports.com