The Zanzibar Football Association together with its Beach Soccer Association and Federation of Uganda Football Associations together with it Uganda Beach Soccer Association held a joint “Inter-Development relations meeting” at Bububu.
This was a strategic meeting earlier scheduled on event programme of the maiden International Beach soccer match between Zanzibar and Uganda on East African Region set for Sunday December 8, 2014 at Bamboo Beach 4:30PM.
The meeting focused on review of the status of Beach soccer game in both Associations particularly;
– Where we the game has come from
– Where the game is now
After deliberations on the status, the two Associations jointly finalized with the forum “Where we want to go”, under the forum, the way forward was agreed as follows;
1. To extend the maiden engagement between Zanzibar and Uganda into East African Beach soccer competitions named “COPA EAST AFRICA” for National teams to be held every December of the year.
2. As a build up to “COPA EAST AFRICA”, more friendly engagements between East African National Beach Soccer teams to continue so that respective FAs formulates and strengthen their National teams.
3. As a bid to strengthen league competitiveness, to start up beach soccer clubs championship for league champion of respective Football Association of East Africa named “COPA EA Clubs Championship” to be staged every July of the year.
4. To continue feeding respective mother Associations [TFF and FUFA] with activity reports over every beach soccer activity done by respective beach soccer Associations of Zanzibar and Uganda.
A vote of thanks was extended for their continued support to the game.
5. To expedite any forum of addressing challenges to beach soccer development in any possible way.
Through this forum FUFA and Uganda Beach Soccer Association donated 2 official Adidas Beach Soccer ball to the National team of Zanzibar [The Sand Heroes] to save them from using traditional Jabulani balls for 11 aside football.
6. Sponsorship for both the league and National teams, both Associations to continue proposing to corporate companies that would like to benefit from Beach soccer fans crowds in strengthening their brands to partner with the Associations.
A vote of appreciation to PEPSI Cola for the partnership with Uganda Beach Soccer League and the Uganda Sand Cranes.
7. A full report named “the future of East African Beach soccer” is released for attention of all East African Football Associations within 30 days from date of the Zanzibar vs Uganda Beach Soccer match.
The partnership was signed by Mr. Mashoud Attai [ZFA General Secretary] and Mr. Tumwesigye Anthony [FUFA Chef de mission].
MAIN PHOTO: The Uganda Beach Soccer Players that traveled to Zanzibar for the first ever International match.
PHOTO CREDITS: FUFA Communications Department