- Uganda drawn in Group B
- Group A: Eritrea, Kenya, Burundi, Somalia
- Group B: Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia, South Sudan
- Group C: Tanzania, Sudan and Djibouti
- Full fixtures for Uganda U15
- Saturday 17/8/2019: Uganda Vs Ethiopia
- Tuesday 20/8/2019: South Sudan Vs Uganda
- Saturday 24/9/2019: Uganda Vs Rwanda
The National U-15 football team held their final training on Wednesday at the FUFA technical centre Njeru before they flew out on Thursday morning ahead of the CECAFA tournament in Asmara, Eritrea. The tournament that has attracted Eleven (11) National junior teams is designed for players under the age of 15 kicks off on Saturday 17th August and ends on 1st September.
The contingent has 20 players.
After Wednesday’s session team head coach Jackson Magera said his team is ready to face the opponents in the tournament.
‘We have had a good period of training with no injuries and we are now ready to face off with the rest of the teams from the region. It is a great tournament for the young players to know the kind of stages to go through when playing football’ said Magera.
While sharing words of wisdom with the youngsters on Tuesday in Njeru, FUFA President Eng. Moses Magogo urged the players to know the value of being selected to represent the country.
‘You are lucky to be here to represent the Nation. When you put on the National team shirt that means you are representing over 34 million Ugandans. Play your part and do the best. In this region, we are the best team and so, whenever there is a tournament, everyone looks at us and every team comes ready to challenge Uganda. So, let us fight for our young careers, our families, our schools, our coaches, FUFA and above all our country’ said the FUFA President as he advised the National team players.
Uganda is placed in group B alongside Ethiopia, Rwanda and South Sudan. The opening match for Uganda is against Ethiopia on Saturday.
The Contingent to Eritrea
- Mugena Agnes-Leader of Delegation
- Magera Jackson Kaddu-Head Coach
- Lutalo Hamuza- Assistant coach
- Kiberu Mubarak-Goalkeeping coach
- Mutyaba Bashir-Team coordinator
- Nakabago Emmanuel-Team Doctor
- Byamukama Aloysius-Team Media Officer
- Kyesimira Arthur-Fitness trainer
- Makumbi Sulait- FUFA Delegate
- Ndibassa Kyambadde Livingstone- FUFA Delegate
- Bumpenje Frank-Kitsman
Squad: Goalkeepers: Mukisa Daniel (Kawempe Muslim SS), Taremwa Elisa (Light Africa SS), Gubya Rickson Peter (Juventus-Namasuba)
Other players: Mutyaba Travis (Kawempe Royal College), Kalisa Shugai (Kawempe Muslim SS), Magogo Shafiq (Kibuli SS), Ssonko Ssembatya Hafidhu (Kampala Junior Team), Waswanga Shafik (Football for Good Academy), Kaddu Caros (Kabowa Youth), Mutebi Samuel (Bishops SS Mukono), Peter Gava (Buddo SS), Mulema Vincent (Bishops SS-Mukono), Kigozi Najib (St. Mary’s Kitende), Ssekibengo Godfrey (St Henry’s College-Kitovu), Muliika Patrick (Kako SS), Ouke Patrick (Sparta 09), Ogwalo Devis (Buddo SS), Nsereko Abdu (Super Heroes), Kasanya Leonard (Rays of Grace), Kyeyune Abbas (Kampala Junior Team)