25th AUG. 2011
CONTENTIOUS ISSUES AT UGANDA SUPER LEAGUE (USL LTD)
FUFA would like to respond to minutes of USL LTD meetings, media reports and communication from Uganda Super League LTD that are areas of contention presently.
FUFA responds as follows;-
- The Jinja Declaration must be maintained.
- USL LTD Memorandum and articles of association must be agreed upon by FUFA and all the clubs in line with FIFA statutes.
- The current USL LTD memorandum and articles of Association do not include all the clubs. It must be amended to accommodate all the 16 clubs.
- Jinja Declaration created a Chairman’s forum composed of Club Chairmen, CEO and FUFA President and appointed Jinja Declaration Committee (JDC).
- FIFA and FUFA recognize JDC as the body to determine the implementation of Jinja Declaration and therefore must be respected by all parties.
- The Board of Directors of the USL should include club Chairmen from all the 16 clubs but NOT 5.
- The rules of the USL must be approved by FUFA before kickoff.
- Cross cutting issues are a reserve of FUFA e.g Referees, Players, and Club licensing which are regulated by the FUFA competitions rules.
- No general assemblies have ever been organized by USL LTD. The meetings taking resolutions are composed of coaches, friends, kits men and not club directors as required by the USL LTD memorandum and articles of association.
- USL LTD should organize a valid General assembly properly constituted and properly invited.
- USL LTD should stop forthwith making irresponsible and inapplicable statements such as:-
(a) Denying clubs their right to discuss with FUFA.
(b) Dreaming to bring foreign referees to officiate USL matches etc.
- USL LTD should stop provoking FUFA.
- FUFA further (re-affirms) that no club shall participate in FUFA competitions without a FUFA club license.
- The roles of FUFA Disciplinary and FUFA Appeals Committee should be respected by USL LTD.
- USL LTD must practice transparency and accountability.
FUFA holds good intentions and good will for purpose of football development in the country; it’s of great importance that the issues highlighted are resolved before the league kicks off.
FUFA expects USL LTD to implement the above requirements before lifting the suspension of the authority imposed on USL LTD to run the super league. Otherwise the suspension still remains in force.
25TH AUGUST, 2011