What’s club Licensing?
Club Licensing is a tool for both the development and benchmarking of professional football clubs. Under the Club Licensing System clubs need to comply with certain criteria to participate in FUFA/CAF/FIFA competitions. The FUFA Club Licensing exercise makes sure that clubs are complying with the criteria before they are issued with licenses to play at the start of every season.
By implementing the Club Licensing System football clubs benefit by:-
- Developing strong governance and organisational structures
- Implementing stable financial management and reporting
- Improving technical standards of coaches and clubs
- Increasing reliability, credibility and integrity of the clubs and league
- Promoting and continuously improving the standard of football
- Engaging qualified coaches
- Encouraging youth development
- Improving infrastructure facilities
- Improving the clubs’ administration, management and organisation.
- Raising economic and financial standing of the clubs through effective marketing and commercial exploitation.
FUFA Club Licensing Committee
Rogers Mulindwa – Chairman
Mpiima Samuel- V/Chairman
Ssekajja Martin- Member
Dr. Chandi Fred Opeli- Member
Ben Hasheem Mwesige-Member
Ivan Kintu Bayige is the FUFA Club Licensing Manager