The FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel, FUFA Investigations Chamber and FUFA Referees Disciplinary Panel have made made decisions in regard to the abandoned Uganda Premier League match No. 101 between Onduparaka FC and KCCA FC on 27th December 2021 at the Green Light Stadium.
Sanctions for Onduparaka FC for breaching Article 31(10) (b), Article 31 (10)a and Article 31(10) (f) (iii) of the FUFA Competitions Rules which high light acts of hooliganism, abandonment of a match, order and security both inside and outside the stadium before, during and after matches.
The FUFA CDP sanctions Onduparaka FC for violation of the FUFA Competitions rules and regulations with:
- Whereas the Competitions Rules and Regulations provide for a deduction of three (3) points and three (3) goals for the intense hooliganism and violence, Onduparaka FC is hereby sanctioned with;
- an immediate deduction of two (2) points and two (2) goals from those already accumulated by the club;
- a suspended one (1) point and one (1) goal deduction and;
- a suspended closed stadium sanction for home games.
- The CDP hereby orders a REPLAY of Match # 101 between Onduparaka FC vs KCCA FC which shall enable the results of the match to be determined sportingly.
- The above replay shall be at a neutral venue already licensed for the Uganda Premier League matches. The venue and date of the replay shall be decided and communicated by the Uganda Premier League Secretariat.
- Onduparaka FC remains with the responsibility of the match day organisation of the replay ordered in par (3) above as the Home Team
- FUFA shall give a contribution of UGX 2,500,000 (Uganda shillings Two million Five Hundred Thousand) to each club and shall forward the said monies to the respective club accounts for that purpose.
- In regard to the destruction of property owned by KCCA FC and its officials, the CDP hereby forwards the matter to the FUFA Investigatory Chamber for further consideration.
Ondupaka FC Player Rashid Okocha banned with immediate effect for breaching Article 31(2) and Article 31(3) as he attacked a match official and is a re repetitive offender.
The FUFA CDP
- Suspends Rashid Okocha from all football activities effective 31st December 2021 until 31st May 2022.
- A Cash fine of UGX 1,000,000(Uganda Shillings one million) to be paid into the FUFA ACCOUNT ACCOUNT NO.7210000969 ECO BANK NDEEBA BRANCH and bring proof of payment of the same to the committee.
- The above fine is to be paid by 31st May 2022 and failure to pay shall lead to automatic suspension until the fine is paid in full.
- Should Mr. Rashid Okocha fail to heed to the sanctions above, the CDP shall be constrained to take stronger disciplinary measures against all parties involved.
Onduparaka FC CEO Edson Saba Saba suspended from football activities for 90 days
The preliminary investigations conducted and with support of the match report indicate that Edson Saba Saba incited violence amongst the fans by telling them not to get out of the field of play and he protested the penalty with threatening words and gestures. Saba Saba alos hurled insults at match officials and incited violence against them and the above actions are contrary to the FUFA Competitions Rules and Regulations.
Accordingly the FUFA Investigation Chamber of the Ethics Committee hereby;
- Provisionally suspends Edson Saba Saba from all football related activities (administrative, sports or any other) for 90 days. The suspension comes into force immediately.
- The duration of the suspension may be extended for an additional period not exceeding 45 days.
- The provisional suspension of Edson Saba Saba is principally based on the investigations relating to alleged breach of the FUFA Competition Rules and inciting violence against the match officials. The provisional suspension is premised on the match reports and recorded statements.
Referee Ronald Madanda suspended from football activities until 20th June 2022.
The Referees Disciplinary Panel found that the Centre Referee Madanda Ronald failed to justify the poor officiating which gravely affected match number 101 and he is hereby sanctioned with;
- A suspension from officiating football at all levels until 30th June 2022 for unjustified poor officiation, the suspension comes into force immediately.
- The matter is further forwarded to the Investigation Chamber of the Ethics Committee to further investigate whether the incorrect decisions of Mr Madanda Ronald in Match # 101 were intended to influence the results of the and be dealt in accordance with the FUFA Ethics Code.