Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) has issued a statement on the status of fans/spectators at football matches through a circular No.1129, dated 4th March 2021 (FUFA/C/03/21).
The circular, is also accompanied by the FUFA COVID-19 regulations, signed by the Deputy CEO – Football Decolas Kiiza Hantali.
Following Government’s directive to allow phased resumption of sports activities including football, FUFA issued the FUFA COVID-19 regulations to guide on all FUFA organised and authorised competitions.
These regulations were further enhanced by circular 1126 (fans at football matches).
It has come to the attention of FUFA that the Regulations and circular 1126 are not being observed to the letter.
FUFA therefore wishes to warn all entities responsible for the management and organisation of FUFA organised and authorised competitions.
For emphasis, the following are the basic COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all such Competitions: –
- There shall be no spectators/fans unless with written authority from FUFA.
- All players, technical officers, match officials and organisers in zones 1 and 2 must possess COVID-19 Negative test result.
- The following people must be named for any particular match by the home team or match organisers: –
- Team Medical Liaison Officer
- Team Hygiene Implementation Officer
- Team Safety and Security Officer
- The following must be observed at the venue: –
- Everyone putting on a face mask covering the nose and mouth
- Water and soap for handwashing at places convenient to the people in the Stadium
- Social distancing (2 metres apart)
- Upto 200 season ticket holders only may be allowed in the stadium at any particular match.
- The team must make a report to the FUFA CEO immediately after the match/competition.
Teams/clubs are advised to desist from advertising their matches/competitions as the Government is yet to authorise spectators/fans at sports events.