FUFA Women’s Cup 2022/23
Round of 32
Games played so far
- Luweero Giant Queens 0-4 Asubo Gafford Ladies
- Goldstar H/S Girls FC 0-2 UCU Lady Cardinals
- Ehcos WFC 0-3 GYCO Girls SC
- Golden Impact WFC 0-2 Olila High School
- Kawempe Junior 0-1 Makerere University WFC
- Jinja SS 1(2) -1(4) She Maroons FC
- Acholi Queens 0-3 Kampala Queens
- Byafaayo Queens 0-1 Rines SS WFC
Saturday, 25th February 2023
- Lubaga WFC vs FC Tooro Queens – UMHS-Lubaga
- Dynamic SS Jjeza vs She Corporate FC – Bukerere, Mukono
- Bunyaruguru Girls vs Lady Doves – Nyakasharu Ground
- Mbarara Royals vs Uganda Martyrs LFC – Kakyeka Stadium
- Taggy Girls vs Kawempe Muslim LFC – Kennedy Ground, Katabi
Sunday, 26th February 2023
- Kyambogo University vs Isra Soccer Academy – Kyambogo University Ground
- She Game FC vs Lango Queens – Buhinga Stadium
- St. Noa Girls vs Wakiso Hill WFC – African Bible University, Lubowa
The FUFA Women’s Cup returned over the weekend after a long period of layoff. The knockout tournament had last been played in 2019 and was put on a halt due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
However, with the world back to its feet and sports events resuming, the FUFA Women’s Cup into its fourth edition also returned with eight round of 32 games played across the country.
Makerere University who are the reigning holders began their title defence on a high, edging past Kawempe Junior thanks to Husna Mpanja’s lonely strike.
2018 Winners UCU Lady Cardinals made light work of Golden Impact, winning 2-0 with goals coming from Sandra Kisakye and Jovia Nakagolo.
Elsewhere, Amina Nababi’s goal was the difference as Rines eliminated Byafaayo Queens. She Marooons needed a penalty shootout to overcome Jinja SS after normal time ended one-all.
In Kitgum, Kampala Queens put three goals past Acholi Queens with Resty Nanziri, Zaina Nandede and Lillian Mutuuzo scoring.
Inaugural winners Olila High School ejected Golden Impact with a 2-0 win thanks to goals from Sheila Galenda and Immaculate Ailigat.
Asubo Gafford Ladies so far have the biggest win from the games played, having obliterated Luweero Giant Queens with a 4-0 scoreline. Fatuma Naksumba bagged a brace before Moureen Nangozi and Zaitun Namaganda added a goal each.
Action continues this weekend with eight fixtures lined up to complete the round of 32.