CAF Club Licensing Workshop
- 22nd – 26th April 2019
Venue: Sheraton Kampala Hotel
The instructors for the highly anticipated Confederation of African Football (CAF) Club Licensing workshop due on the 22nd to 26th April 2019 at Sheraton Kampala Hotel have arrived in Uganda on Saturday.
Five of the six expected instructors are already in the country.
Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Mokhtar Harraz (Egypt), Sidat Muhammad Feizal (Mozambique), Dasoberi Emmanuel Newton (Ghana), Bosilong Kabelo Keorapetse Hubert (South Africa) and Middleby Robert David (Australia) all arrived by Saturday. Nigerian Salihu Abubakar will jet in later tonight.
FUFA Events Manager Leilah Nankya, Richard Ssemanda(Office of CEO) and FUFA Club Licensing Manager Ivan Kintu Bayige warmly received the guests at Enetebbe Airport.
52 participants from 26 countries will attend the workshop that has been segmented into two groups over two periodical sessions.
Each country will send the Club Licensing Manager and Chairman of the Club Licensing Committee.
The first workshop will be held on 22nd and 23rd April while the other on 25th and 26th April each with 26 participants.
Countries taking part (26 Countries, 2 participants from each country):
22nd-23rd April 2019: Botswana, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Uganda, Namibia, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Lesotho and Liberia
25th-26th April 2019: Angola, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Mozambique, Malawi, Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
This will be the third time for FUFA to host a CAF organised event in a space of one and half years.
In September 2018, FUFA hosted 41 participants who took part in the CAF Young Talent Referees workshop that attracted the youngest international referees on the continent.
Early 2018, CAF Futsal and Beach Soccer committee held its meeting in Entebbe.
The objectives of the workshop are;
- Provide Federations with an update on the club licensing system at the continental level
- Receive a full update on the status of the club licensing system at National level
- One on one meetings with Member Associations (MAs) in order to provide special attention and assist them with specific needs
- Assist the MAs with near future planning, in order to have clubs ready before the deadline for engagement in the next CAF Inter Club competitions
- Organize interaction group sessions between MAs to share best practices.
MAIN PHOTO: L-R Sidat Muhammad, Middleby Robert, Bosilong Kabelo, Dasoberi Emmanuel, Ahmed Harraz.