It is the objective of FUFA and its members to oversee the growth of professional football in Uganda.
FUFA has identified that there are opportunities and challenges with in the dream to create a professional football industry in Uganda.
The FUFA Professional Leagues are:
- Uganda Premier League
- FUFA Big League
- FUFA Women Super League
In order to address the challenges and harness the opportunities, FUFA has recruited Mr. Mubiru Shawn as the FUFA Professional Leagues’ Manager effective 1st January 2022. Mr. Mubiru will report to the FUFA Competitions Director.
‘Although many persons were approached for this new position at FUFA, considering his expertise and experience, Shawn Mubiru has been recruited by head hunting. We believe he will add more value to the game and this specific area of the FUFA Professional Leagues’ noted FUFA Communications Director Ahmed Hussein.
The Roles of the Professional Leagues’ Manager are;
- Work hand-in-hand with the UPL and the Professional Clubs
- Design, install and implement the FUFA Strategy on Professional Leagues
- Undertake FUFA Licensing
- Undertake FUFA Clubs’ Pro Agenda
- Undertake the implementation of the FUFA Community Clubs Programme
- Engage and assist to design the long-term strategies of the Professional Clubs where none exists
- Evaluate and recommend changes to the long-term strategies of the Professional Clubs where they exist
- Design and implement the regulations for the issuance of the FUFA Professional Club Certificate