The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has organized a club licensing instructors and CLOP experts workshop 2024 that starts on the 31st of January 2024 to the 2nd of February 2024 in Cairo – Egypt.
Shirah Nakagwa the Club Licensing Manager and Emmauel Kazoora the IT Officer were invited by CAF to be trained as instructors for the next cycle. A total of 33 participants were selected by CAF from the different member Associations.
The objectives of the workshop are;
- Training potential candidates who will be assigned by CAF to impart knowledge and expertise on club licensing support missions
- Provide an update on the implementation of the CAF Club Licensing Regulations
- Training the use of the CAF Club Licensing Online Platform
The participants are going to be taken through a series of sessions as portrayed below;
The participants were taken through the Club Licensing System framework, which includes;
- Introduction to the CAF Club Licensing System
- The Club Licensing system strategy at CAF
- Role of the CAF instructor
- Explanation of the CAF Club Licensing regulations for both Men and women
- Explanation of the CAF Club Licensing catalogue of sanctions and the CAF Club Licensing Quality Standard
The participants were taken through the CAF Club Licensing Online Platform (CLOP). This is an online platform used by member associations and clubs to upload the minimum requirements as stipulated in the CAF club licensing regulations.
Evaluation and Examination of the Candidates.