3RD EDITION OF MAMA BECCA WOMEN’S DAY FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT FOR GIRLS & WOMEN-2015
7th-8th March 2015 – Kampala
The preparations for 3rd Edition of Mama Becca Kazibwe Memorial Women’s Football Tournament for girls and women have garnered momentum.
FUFA, Former Women Footballers Club and Uganda Women Football Association (UWFA) are all jointly organizing the 2 day National event (7th and on 8th March International Women’s Day- finals) in Kampala
The participating teams have been categorized in two U14 (primary schools) and the Open (Secondary schools, clubs, and institutions of higher learning).
Format of Play:
The U-14 qualification matches in the 5 divisions of Kampala will start earlier with the best 3 girls’ teams from each division in Kampala qualifying to play at the Nationals, that is during the Mama Becca Women’s Day Football Tournament.
The dates for the division qualifiers in Kampala for U14(primary schools) are as follows;
– Makindye division- Wednesday, 25th Feb 2015 starting 9am at Police Children p/s-Nsambya
– Kawempe division – Wednesday, 25th Feb 2015 starting 9am at Mulago Paramedicals
-Nakawa division – Wednesday, 4th March 2015 starting 9am at Murchison Bay primary school
-Lubaga division – Friday, 27 Feb 2015 starting 9am at Kitebi p/s
Central division – Saturday, 28th Feb 2015
Other teams in the U14(primary schools) category will be Jinja Army P/S, Namalemba P/S and Naigombwa P/S from Jinja.
The Open category will have the following teams;
1. Kawempe Muslim SS
2. Airforce SS
3. Janan SS
4. Mackay Memorial
5. Kakungulu Memorial
6. Entebbe Creamland
7. Busembatya SS
8. Gadhafi SS
9. Wakiso Hill College
10. St. Joseph’s SS- Nsambya
12. Gafford Ladies
13. Makerere University
14. Muteesa University
15. Ajax Women FC
16. Buikwe SHE Red stars
17. Kakira Women FC
18. Lubiri SS
- FUFA is the main sponsor of this event.
- The winning team(s) in each category will walk away with a trophy and any other award(s) available.
- Former Women Footballers will play a friendly match to curtain raise for the finals in which breath taking skills will be show cased.
- Former women footballers will BE role models to the young girl players during the tournament
It will be a platform to witness famous women Coaches; Nantanda Majidah, Hadija Namuyanja ‘Lady Mourinho’, Harriet Nattabi, Irene Nanyonjo, Oliver Mbekeka, Christine Nakibuuka, Efrance Nanjego and many others in action.
MAIN PHOTO: Action from the second edition of the Mamma Becca Kazibwe Cup held at Nelson Mandela National Stadium, Namboole last year
PHOTO CREDITS: FUFA Communications Department